She walks into a room,any room, amongst the glow of the
fair haired blonde, amongst the mysterious darkness of the
brunette. Still, it is she who captivates all who gaze upon
her beauty. Both men & women alike cannot break the
desperate longing to look at her just once more. She is
mesmerizing, a rareity! So stunning is she that the pounding
heart skips a beat whenever in her presence. As this majestic
creature looks out toward her crowd of admirers, her eyes,full
of fire, are hipnotic, almost spell-like. As she floats throughout
the room, men hold their breath in hopes of containing their
relentless desire for this phenomenon among all others.She is a
description of unwavering passion,fire & ice,capable of driving men
into lustfull insanity & women into undiscovered realms of
jealously----- She is the Redhead.
Written by H.Stone
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Sunday, October 12, 2008
"Once in his life, every man is entitled to fall madly in love with a gorgeous redhead." Lucille Ball
- Less than four percent of the world population has naturally red hair.
- The gene for red hair was discovered in 1995. Professor Jonathan Rees Of Edinburgh University identified the gene for red hair, the melanocortin 1 receptor (MC1R), found on the 16th chromosome.
- Red hair is a genetic mutation.
- The highest percentage of redheads is in Scotland (13%), Ireland follows (10%). In the US, 2% are redheads.
- A study in 2002 found that redheads are harder to sedate than other people, requiring 20% more anesthesia.
- The first redheaded British monarch was a woman, Boudicca, a Celtic warrior who led her people, the Icenti, against the Romans in the C.E. 60's.
- Belief that redheads are witches is a folk belief in Germanic culture. From 1483-1784 thousands of suspected witches were nearly always stripped and searched for “marks of the devil”. These included any “abnormality” such as freckles, moles, warts, and birthmarks. Red hair was certainly considered an abnormality. Considering the freckle factor for redheads this was a deadly and shocking horror. Somewhere around 45,000 women were tortured and murdered usually by burning at the stake or by drowning.
- In Denmark it is an honor to have a redheaded child.
- In Poland, if you pass three red-heads you'll win the state lottery
- Redheads tend to bleed more, due to slightly different clotting factors, which again is a genetic factor.*
- Common Redhead stereotypes are: bad temper, sexual fire, untrustworthy, being smart and eccentric.
- In France Redheaded women are treated with high respect.
- "A majority of men believe Redheads have better love lives than blondes or brunettes do." - Harris Interactive Survey
- Redheads are said to turn more heads than even blondes, since red is the rarest hair color.
Posted by country grandma at 8:22 PM
Tuesday, October 7, 2008
When I was a kid, I heard it more than a few times. And my reply, you got it! Carrot tops are green! All it did was make them try even harder to tease me! I hated my red hair when I was a kid. Now that I'm a Grandma, I wish I had it just the way it was back then! Nice and bright and shiny. Now carrot top just brings a smile. They obviously have no idea how carrots grow!